Chicago’s Beloved: A relational community that seeks to reaffirm the belovedness of Chicago’s hurting, lonely, and displaced by reaching out in friendship to foster collective transformation in the hopes of breaking barriers within ourselves, with others, and with God. (Pray for us)
This Week’s Verse & Prayer
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death
- God’s faithfulness in the city of Chicago
- Pray for Shannon or “Sunny”. He has been on the streets for a number of years and I have had the privilege of getting to know him lately. He has a hardened heart and rough story but he seems to at least have hope. Pray that God would flourish his hope and that he would cling to Jesus.
Last Weeks Prayers (still relevant)
- Pray that God continue to work in Derrick’s life and that the baptism would be taken seriously.
- Pray for Raymond as he is clearly in a dark place. He is not closed off to interaction with us but he is not doing well. Ask God to arrange us running into him again this coming weekend.
- Pray for Bill who admittedly struggles heavily with drugs. He told me that he had thrown his life away for drugs but he couldn’t distance himself from them.
- Pray for Debra, for her general well-being and that she would continue feeling the love of God through strangers. Also pray for her daughter Tanika.
- Pray for George who had an aneurism that put him out of work. He was clearly debilitated from the aneurism but can’t get a disability check which has left him homeless.